THE FIRST THING TO UNDERSTAND IS THIS: Child Protective Services DOES NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN! Now you know why they do the mean things they do.
THE SECOND THING TO UNDERSTAND IS: CPS only cares about FUNDING. This is what drives them to do ANYTHING.
My top ten list of advice and information:
1. STAY CALM AND COLLECTED. When you yell, argue, and/or make threats of any kind, they have the ammunition to accuse you of being violent and/or claim that the children would not be safe in a “volatile environment”. Always be polite and courteous to everyone who has anything to do with your case. Yelling and arguing only incites them to make up more crap about you and an excuse to refuse to return your children. When I say be polite and courteous, I mean play it up big by saying things like, “Thank you so much for your help and concern with the welfare of my family. I really appreciate everything that the Department is doing for us. We strive to become better parents, regardless of how. We are learning a lot and are dedicated to completing our case plan.” YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MEAN IT! I know how you really feel about them. This is normal. Heck, if I said all the things I thought about social workers, well, I would have a lot of problems to deal with. That is all I will say. My mom always used to say, “Kill them with kindness.” Best advice she ever gave me yet, in this situation, I understand how difficult it is to do. However, it is well worth the efforts as this has a great deal to do with if and when they return your child(ren). This is not a guarantee but it is very important that your social worker LIKES YOU.
2. Stop fighting them. UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN NOT BEAT THEM IN COURT – EVER! What I mean by that is this: The case will not be dismissed for lack of evidence. It will NOT be dismissed once you prove your innocence. It just will not happen so let’s move on. [ALTHOUGH IT IS POSSIBLE IF A BRAVE LAWYER OR GROUP OF LAWYERS HAS ENOUGH YOU-KNOW-WHAT TO PRESENT A DEFENSE THAT EXPOSES THE ABUNDANT CODES, STATUTES AND REGULATORY ACTS WHICH ARE VIOLATED IN EVERY CASE. If every parent hired a private attorney or if there was a program through the BAR Association where pro bono services were provided to defendants in Juvenile Dependency cases, the court cohorts would not be able to collaborate and collect our kids for cash!] However, there is a lawyer named Vincent Davis who has been educating and preparing parents and guardians for court.
When I say stop fighting them, I do not mean that you shouldn’t get objections on the record. This is extremely important for appeal. So, file a Declaration or Objections to the Detention or similar document that clearly objects to the false allegations, the fabricated evidence and the perjury the social worker has made and submitted to the court in the form of written testimony (the Detention Report and or any other report the county has filed).There are things you can prove with providing your “attorney” proof of in the form of documents and testimony. This may alleviate requirements of some of their case plan programs but it will not get your case dismissed.
Once you get your children back and the case CLOSED, you can and should sue them. But check your local and state rules regarding claims against a government agency. You may have to file an administrative complaint FIRST. A Federal 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 complaint for violating your 14th Amendment rights and your child’s 4th Amendment rights is a good way to go however, it is not the only way.
3. .Complete the case plan without complaining or arguing. If you don’t feel you should have to go to any Domestic Violence classes, you need to tell your lawyer to negotiate that requirement if there has been no domestic violence. YOU CAN BARGAIN WITH CPS but you must get it approved by a CPS supervisor and/or the Court.
4. GET EVERY PROMISE IN WRITING. Whether it is to place your children with family, increase your visits, close your case early, or to relieve you from drug testing, write up a promise agreement and have them sign it.
5. RECORD AND DIARY EVERYTHING. Al;ways make sure to get names, dates and times or every communication with CPS and your lawyer. This will be particularly beneficial when you sue them as well as be able to politely disagree with social workers when they tell you something different that they told you previously.
6. NEVER MISS A VISIT WITH YOUR CHILDREN. EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO START WALKING THE NIGHT BEFORE, GET THERE SOMEHOW. IF YOU MISS A VISIT THEY COULD TAKE YOUR VISITS AWAY BY SAYING THAT YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN VISITING.
7. If you do need to complain, do it in writing and send copies to those in higher positions. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO WRITE TO THE DEPARTMENT’S DIRECTOR! This will ALWAYS GET THEIR ATTENTION and most times your complaint is duly acknowledged and something is corrected.
8. IF THE ALLEGATIONS WERE EVEN SLIGHTLY TRUE, STOP THE BEHAVIOR PERMANENTLY. If they said you were doing drugs, STOP USING DRUGS! If they said there was domestic violence and it is true, EITHER FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET ALONG OR SEPARATE. When you can’t prove you were not on drugs or that there was no domestic violence, the quickest way to get the children returned is to separate immediately and make sure that CPS has NO KNOWLEDGE OR SUSPICIONS THAT YOU BOTH ARE COMMUNICATING. That means do not talk on the phone, do not email, do not meet them in public places during the day. Make sure when you do talk or see one another that you are not followed. Take extra precautions to ensure that whatever actions you have taken to convince CPS that the children are or will be “safe” stays that way according to them. WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW WILL NOT HURT YOU. Also, do not tell anyone anything different than what you tell CPS.
9. Always file an appeal regardless of what your “attorney” says. You never know what the appellate court will be able to argue. However, you MUST GET OBJECTIONS ON THE RECORD!
10. ,MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE FOSTER MOTHER/FATHER. This can prove to be your most valuable ally.
CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO BE DIRECTED TO MY GOOGLE DRIVE. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT.
Now, this was timely filed in LA Childrens’ Court and properly served to all parties. The attorney for the parent who filed it PULLED IT OUT OF THE RECORD, CLAIMING THAT THE PARENT COULDN’T FILE THINGS WITHOUT HIS KNOWLEDGE. IT WAS FILED BEFORE HE BECAME ATTORNEY OF RECORD. AND HOW IN GOD’S NAME COULD A FILING JUST BE TAKEN OUT OF THE CLERK’S FILE? SHOWS YOU RIGHT THERE THEY DO WHATEVER THEY WANT I BELIEVE THIS DOCUMENT WAS A VERY SERIOUS THREAT TO THE DEPARTMENT AND EVERYONE IN THE COURT, SINCE THEY ARE ALL ON CPS’S SIDE. WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO GET IT FILED AGAIN, MAYBE I SHOULD JUST PUT THE LAWYER’S NAME AT THE TOP AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HE PREPARED IT, I BET THAT WOULD REALLY GET HIM IN TROUBLE! AND ME AS WELL SO I WON’T ACTUALLY DO THAT. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS, LET ME KNOW. THIS CASE IS SOMETHING OFF THE CHARTS, SIMILAR TO THE IN RE: DF.
SO, IF YOU PREPARE OBJECTIONS BEWARE THAT IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO FILE IT. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE APPRISED REGARDING THE FILING OF THIS DOCUMENT. WISH US LUCK!
Hi there! Welcome to our site. Our mission is to provide and share information we have, from experience and research, about child protective services taking your child or children, and forcing you to participate in their made up legal garbage.
We are very anti-child protective services but we are not anti-child safety. If you really do abuse and neglect your kids, get help now or give legal custody to someone who won’t abuse them. You have the right to assign anyone you wish temporary custody of your child and can sign over your rights to someone responsible who will always care and nurture them. WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT IS THE GOVERNMENT’S RESPONSIBILITY and it shouldn’t continue to be. There should just be a VOLUNTEER GROUP who handles the few children who were completely and utterly abandoned, whose parents are gone and where there are no willing family members to assume custody.
NEVER EVER CALL CPS THINKING THAT THEY WILL LET YOU DROP OFF YOUR CHILD AND GIVE THEM BACK TO YOU WHENEVER YOU WANT THEM TO. YOUR CHILD WILL NEVER RETURN HOME AND WILL BE ABUSED, NEGLECTED, MOLESTED, AND QUITE POSSIBLY KILLED WHILE IN FOSTER CARE.
Maybe you have a drug problem. It happens to millions of people. You don’t have live with addiction. There are people who can help you. I do not recommend any of the service providers that contract with the county agencies because if you don’t have a case, you will end up with one. Unfortunately, the best programs are those private and expensive retreats. Sometimes, in a few cities, you may find an individual who provides therapy, psychiatrically with medicinal assistance. You may be trading one drug for another but it will be less addicting and less harmful. Changing your entire life is, what I think, the best way to go. Change towns, change friends, change jobs, go to school, take physical fitness classes or join a gym, drink a lot of water and focus on healthy living, get a hobby, do things you know you are capable of doing that you have never done before. Most importantly, don’t go to those groups where you are always reminded of the times you did drugs. You are trying to forget that person and become someone new and improved, right? Why dwell on the old you? Making amends is best done by not repeating that same behavior that offended people. Sounds pretty easy doesn’t it? YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE A DISEASE! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM CONTROLLING YOUR BEHAVIOR. IT IS ALL ABOUT EMPOWERING YOURSELF, MOTIVATING YOURSELF AND KEEPING POSITIVE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE.
HERE IS SOMEONE WHO DOESN’T WISH FOR ME TO PROMOTE HIS SERVICES DUE TO MY OPINION ABOUT ADDICTION BEING A DISEASE SO UNLESS YOU DISAGREE WITH ME DON’T VISIT THIS SITE:: www.intervere.com
Maybe you were abused as a child. Most likely, if you were in foster care you had a hell of a time growing up. Understandable, not your fault whatsoever, There are ways to improve your attitude and outlook on life. That’s all your problem is. You resent the world, don’t trust anyone and feel so inadequate that your emotions don’t know what the heck to do. SEE A PSYCHIATRIST IMMEDIATELY. There are medications that may help and therapeutic meditation or even hypnosis. Maybe you like sports, sign up at a church or local sports team of some kind. It would provide group support and allow you to feel talented and important. Unless of course you don’t really enjoy sports, you could simply volunteer anywhere that the subject matter is something you have a passion for. People excel in whatever they are passionate about. a self support group. Doesn’t matter which one, it’s about learning to live and let go.
WARNING!!! RESCUING YOUR CHILD FROM THE ILLEGAL KIDNAPPERS CALLED CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES WILL RESULT IN ILLEGAL CHARGES AGAINST YOU, ILLEGAL ARREST, ILLEGAL PROSECUTION AND ILLEGAL INCARCERATION.I do not recommend this method. Personally, prior to my husband and I doing that, I had never spent any time in jail and had no idea what it was like. I found out that I’d rather miss my son out of jail than miss him AND have to be in jail. But believe me, if I didn’t have another child to live for, I wouldn’t be living right now because losing my son has felt like a death sentence. It’s a good thing my daughter was almost 18 and “aged out” of their system and was able to move back in with me (EVEN BEFORE THE CASE WAS CLOSED HA HA HA HA COLEY!) or else I would have gone all out by now.
So many people have been thinking lately, “How can any of this possibly be legal?” (the taking of children and keeping them without a valid court order) I have no idea. According to California Welfare & Institutions Code Section 248.5, the court clerk is required to prepare a “Findings and Orders After Hearing” document to be signed by the Judge then served upon all parties after every hearing. In California, they even have forms that make it easier such as JV-410, Findings and Orders After Detention Hearing (per Welfare & Institutions Code Section 319), and FL-412, Findings and Orders After Jurisdictional Hearing (per Welfare & Institutions Code Section 356) and so on. In our case, NOT ONE FINDINGS AND ORDERS AFTER HEARING ORDER WAS EVER PRODUCED nor were the Minute Orders ever signed so how in the world can anything in that court be legal?
FOR EXAMPLE, let’s say you go to Family Law Court and the Judge makes an Order giving you full custody but you are not provided an actual piece of paper that proves this nor is one even in the court record. Then let’s say that your ex goes to the school and picks up your child and takes your child home to their house so you call the police because your ex won’t give your child back to you. The police get there and ask if you have an Order and you say yes, the Judge gave me full legal and physical custody. The cop asks to see it but you don’t have it and you can’t even get a copy of it from the courthouse because one does not exist. What is the cop going to do? NOTHING! No Order, No Custody PERIOD!
PLEASE, IF I AM WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME SO I STOP MAKING A FOOL OF MYSELF!!!!!