THE FIRST THING TO UNDERSTAND IS THIS: Child Protective Services DOES NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN! Now you know why they do the mean things they do.
THE SECOND THING TO UNDERSTAND IS: CPS only cares about FUNDING. This is what drives them to do ANYTHING.
My top ten list of advice and information:
1. STAY CALM AND COLLECTED. When you yell, argue, and/or make threats of any kind, they have the ammunition to accuse you of being violent and/or claim that the children would not be safe in a “volatile environment”. Always be polite and courteous to everyone who has anything to do with your case. Yelling and arguing only incites them to make up more crap about you and an excuse to refuse to return your children. When I say be polite and courteous, I mean play it up big by saying things like, “Thank you so much for your help and concern with the welfare of my family. I really appreciate everything that the Department is doing for us. We strive to become better parents, regardless of how. We are learning a lot and are dedicated to completing our case plan.” YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MEAN IT! I know how you really feel about them. This is normal. Heck, if I said all the things I thought about social workers, well, I would have a lot of problems to deal with. That is all I will say. My mom always used to say, “Kill them with kindness.” Best advice she ever gave me yet, in this situation, I understand how difficult it is to do. However, it is well worth the efforts as this has a great deal to do with if and when they return your child(ren). This is not a guarantee but it is very important that your social worker LIKES YOU.
2. Stop fighting them. UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN NOT BEAT THEM IN COURT – EVER! What I mean by that is this: The case will not be dismissed for lack of evidence. It will NOT be dismissed once you prove your innocence. It just will not happen so let’s move on. [ALTHOUGH IT IS POSSIBLE IF A BRAVE LAWYER OR GROUP OF LAWYERS HAS ENOUGH YOU-KNOW-WHAT TO PRESENT A DEFENSE THAT EXPOSES THE ABUNDANT CODES, STATUTES AND REGULATORY ACTS WHICH ARE VIOLATED IN EVERY CASE. If every parent hired a private attorney or if there was a program through the BAR Association where pro bono services were provided to defendants in Juvenile Dependency cases, the court cohorts would not be able to collaborate and collect our kids for cash!] However, there is a lawyer named Vincent Davis who has been educating and preparing parents and guardians for court.
When I say stop fighting them, I do not mean that you shouldn’t get objections on the record. This is extremely important for appeal. So, file a Declaration or Objections to the Detention or similar document that clearly objects to the false allegations, the fabricated evidence and the perjury the social worker has made and submitted to the court in the form of written testimony (the Detention Report and or any other report the county has filed).There are things you can prove with providing your “attorney” proof of in the form of documents and testimony. This may alleviate requirements of some of their case plan programs but it will not get your case dismissed.
Once you get your children back and the case CLOSED, you can and should sue them. But check your local and state rules regarding claims against a government agency. You may have to file an administrative complaint FIRST. A Federal 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 complaint for violating your 14th Amendment rights and your child’s 4th Amendment rights is a good way to go however, it is not the only way.
3. .Complete the case plan without complaining or arguing. If you don’t feel you should have to go to any Domestic Violence classes, you need to tell your lawyer to negotiate that requirement if there has been no domestic violence. YOU CAN BARGAIN WITH CPS but you must get it approved by a CPS supervisor and/or the Court.
4. GET EVERY PROMISE IN WRITING. Whether it is to place your children with family, increase your visits, close your case early, or to relieve you from drug testing, write up a promise agreement and have them sign it.
5. RECORD AND DIARY EVERYTHING. Al;ways make sure to get names, dates and times or every communication with CPS and your lawyer. This will be particularly beneficial when you sue them as well as be able to politely disagree with social workers when they tell you something different that they told you previously.
6. NEVER MISS A VISIT WITH YOUR CHILDREN. EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO START WALKING THE NIGHT BEFORE, GET THERE SOMEHOW. IF YOU MISS A VISIT THEY COULD TAKE YOUR VISITS AWAY BY SAYING THAT YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN VISITING.
7. If you do need to complain, do it in writing and send copies to those in higher positions. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO WRITE TO THE DEPARTMENT’S DIRECTOR! This will ALWAYS GET THEIR ATTENTION and most times your complaint is duly acknowledged and something is corrected.
8. IF THE ALLEGATIONS WERE EVEN SLIGHTLY TRUE, STOP THE BEHAVIOR PERMANENTLY. If they said you were doing drugs, STOP USING DRUGS! If they said there was domestic violence and it is true, EITHER FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET ALONG OR SEPARATE. When you can’t prove you were not on drugs or that there was no domestic violence, the quickest way to get the children returned is to separate immediately and make sure that CPS has NO KNOWLEDGE OR SUSPICIONS THAT YOU BOTH ARE COMMUNICATING. That means do not talk on the phone, do not email, do not meet them in public places during the day. Make sure when you do talk or see one another that you are not followed. Take extra precautions to ensure that whatever actions you have taken to convince CPS that the children are or will be “safe” stays that way according to them. WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW WILL NOT HURT YOU. Also, do not tell anyone anything different than what you tell CPS.
9. Always file an appeal regardless of what your “attorney” says. You never know what the appellate court will be able to argue. However, you MUST GET OBJECTIONS ON THE RECORD!
10. ,MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE FOSTER MOTHER/FATHER. This can prove to be your most valuable ally.
COME HELP RAISE AWARENESS AND PROTEST AGAINST FORCED ADOPTIONS!
WHERE: Ontario Convention Center 2000 E. Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA 91764
WHEN: Thursday, November 20, 2014 [10:30 am]
WHAT TO BRING: SIGNS, SIGNS AND MORE SIGNS!
If you can’t bring a sign, no worries but if you can, get a posterboard, a black Sharpie and a red Sharpie and write your child’s name on it and say, “My child was stolen by _____ County Child Protective Services” or something or whatever you want to write on it. Bring your VOICE!
INVOLUNTARY/FORCED ADOPTION PEACEFUL PROTEST! Thursday. Nov 20, 2014 the Ontario Convention Center Located at 2000 E. Convention Center Way in Ontario, CALIFORNIA 91764. Children and family services is hosting the event for final adoption. As many of you know a lot of these children are INVOLUNTARY adoptions and many parents want their children! Many families had rights terminated unjustly and without due process in the juvenile courts many of these children end up abused and we must let the world know this is happening and its a kids for cash scheme via our government! Not all the adoptions however we know MANY children are being adopted out without due process and having parental rights terminated unjustly as well as loving fit family members wanting their family are being denied! We must raise awareness and EXPOSE what is happening to our children and families! Lets all of us advertise and sponsor a protest at the convention center. I know WE CAN DO IT! We can keep it peaceful. Lets do this people!!!! this is our spot lets make it a large!!! this is HUGE! “LET’S KEEP THE HEAT ON” LETS JOIN TOGETHER! please only accept invitation if you are going! This is in STATE OF CALIFORNIA CITY OF ONTARIO
PROOF OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING, COMPARING THE JUVENILE COURT TO A CIRCUS!:
Watch this video and understand what is going on in America and Great Britten. This is a long video but full of information on what to do. This is just as relevant in other countries as well as the United States. Lets make this movement so big that the government understands we will defend our children to our death. To leave our child alone. We will not take this any longer.
It is time people stop believing and calling Child Protective Services. It is a fact that children are abused far more often in CPS care. If you call CPS on a family the chance these children will be abused goes up by 80% Watch this video and see where your tax dollars are going.
Recently my brother had CPS come to his door because his neighbor didn’t like his kids playing outside in the backyard and making noise! The social workers made up some bullcrap about a messy house and said that everyone in the house had to drug test immediately. Our grandma lives there with my brother and she has arthritis and cancer real bad so she takes some morphine prescribed by her dr. She couldn’t barely get to the place to test and when she got there she had a hard time peeing in front of strangers. Her test came back positive for opiates so without even calling to talk to my brother about it, they just went to the school and took the kids saying that grandma was a danger to the kids and that she had to move out or go to substance abuse classed and not take her medication.
My brother had to put my grandma in a nursing home 6 months ago and CPS has made my brother take all kinds of classes and take off of work while grandma is all lonely and has no one. She ‘s not doing too good when before she was doing ok and was happy with all her grandkids around her. My brother says that the social workers tell him how adoptable his kids are and that they are happy in foster care so its best for the children to get adopted by that foster lady who I learned has a criminal record for assault upon a police officer!
IF IT WERE ME, CPS WOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN LEFT THE FRONT PORCH THE FIRST TIME THEY CAME! THEY WOULD TAKE MY KIDS OVER MY DEAD BODY! WHY DID YOU PEOPLE LET THEM ALL LIVE? IF WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU HAPPENED TO ME, THEY WOULD ALL BE NOT BREATHING! YOU PEOPLE WERE BRAVE TO RESCUE YOUR SON BUT COWARDS FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT. ANY OTHER KIDNAPPER (CPS) WOULD BE HUNTED DOWN LIKE DOGS BUT THIS FU*****G CPS GETS AWAY WITH IT LIKE IT IS PLANNED AND SUPPORTED BY THE GOVERNMENT!
–Joe, Indianapolis, IN
I hear you but what do you do when you have other children who were almost 18 and over 18 who would miss you or end up involved in more trouble because everyone believes that CPS is right and correct so they enforce orders that don’t even exist? Police were after us, ex-wives were after us, we had friends who ended up ratting us out and we were wrongfully convicted of child stealing and in jail for 6 months and then me and my daughter were held unreasonably long while our rights were terminated. We were charged for things that we didn’t do (my daughter was OVERCHARGED and I was guilty by association) and that was because our case was in the same corrupt courthouse that our dependency “case” was in. My public defender even told me that I must have pissed off someone in the DA’s office because I was fu**cked.
Now my son has been adopted and there is a restraining order against us. What the heck are we supposed to do? Go take him and upset him, his life and the adopted parents who seem like generally decent people who just believe CPS’s bullshit? Our son probably thinks that the adopted parents are his real parents now since he was so young when all this happened. On top of that, the adoptive dad works for HOMELAND SECURITY! We just have to wait until he turns 18 in 12 years because they won’t let us see him!
It is easy to say that CPS would never get your kids and that you would kill them if they tried but how do-able is that really? You have no idea how it feels to have your hands as tied as ours. I really hope your brother gets his kids back and that you never have any kids that CPS takes from you. I can tell that it would be all bad for everyone but they would deserve what they got. I wish more parents would stand up to this evil conspiracy then maybe social workers would think twice before taking innocent parent’s kids away.
Thanks for writing, wish you brother the best for me, OK?